Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a muffin or mini-muffin tin with baking cups, or lightly grease with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine soy milk and lemon juice. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to allow milk to curdle.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Mix sugar, grapeseed oil, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Add soy milk-lemon mixture and stir to combine. Add dry ingredients and stir until well-combined. Be careful not to overmix – a few lumps are okay.
- Scoop mixture into muffin tins, filling each cup about 3/4 full. Place in oven and bake until a fork inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean – 15-17 minutes for muffins, 10-12 minutes for mini-muffins.
- Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool.
(Makes 12 muffins or 24 mini-muffins.)
Banana Pumpkin-Spice Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 1/2 cups cashew milk
- 1 pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
(Makes one serving.)